WHO CAN APPLY?
- BORN TO SING is ONLY open to amateurs (AMATEURS being defined as the contestant(s) who are not currently under any binding performance or managerial contracts, as well as any recording contract or other entertainment-based legal agreements). If there is doubt or question about your status, it is best to contact us for clarification of what will be acceptable.
- Contestants must be VOCAL SOLOIST, or VOCAL GROUP (max.6 members)
- Contestants can perform in any genre: Classical, Pop, Traditional, Jazz, Folk, Country, other.
- Record a track at Temple Lane Recording Studios and cut a single. Makeover and photo shoot. Later in the year (2022) perform live at an event with an artist. (Artist and event to be confirmed)
HOW TO APPLY (On-line application only)
- Apply via our website www.bcunningham.ie
- Attach a YouTube clip (no voice enhancements may be used)
- Pay the entry fee of €20 on line
- Entry fees are non-refundable
CONTESTANTS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE must inform their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of their entry into the competition. A parent must be present at all times if entrant is under 18 years of age
LIVE HEATS – YOUR VIRTUAL PERFORMANCE
- Contestants who have made it through to the various stages of the competition will be notified. If you cannot attend at the appointed time, please notify us and we will try to facilitate you at an alternative time.
- Each Contestant will have a maximum of 4 minutesto perform
- Contestants must be prepared ahead of the performance, ie. Backing tracks, instruments, etc.
- If a contestant is found to be unsportsmanlike, exhibiting poor behavior, causing a disruption to the competition in any way, these actions will result in that contestant’s immediate disqualification.
- The order of performance will be determined by a random selection process. The contestant will be given their performance order no later than 30 minutes prior to the start of the competition.
- The winning contestant/s of the semi-finals will automatically qualify for the Final.
The contestant MUST agree to the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement in its entirety, without altering or defacing the agreement; and complete the Application and Agreement. The Contestant acknowledges if there is any false information, agreement alteration or misrepresentation, the performance agreement becomes null & void, effective immediately, disqualifying contestant.
- Brian Cunningham Management will honor the privacy and confidentiality of our contestants. We will not share any information about contestants with other contestants.
- Brian Cunningham Management agrees to plan, organize and execute a competition and the Contestant understands and agrees to compete in the entire competition series until elimination.
- The Contestant must not use any voice enhancements on their recorded submission.
- Brian Cunningham Management may request further video submissions prior to the Semi-finals.
- The Contestant agrees to take full responsibility to maintain open communication with Brian Cunningham Management, including written, phone and/or email correspondence, from registration until elimination from the competition.
- When entering the competition, the participant(s) agree to allow Brian Cunningham Management the right to obtain photographs, DVDs and video recordings of the competitions that can be used by Brian Cunningham Management for any purpose without permission from them and without compensation.
- The Contestant must cover any and all costs relating to their participation in the Heats, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Finals and any other costs relating to the competition.
- The prize will be presented to the winning contestant ONLY when they have completed ALL required performances
- The winning contestant must perform material requested by the Brian Cunningham Management
- The Contestant acknowledges that Brian Cunningham Management has no liability to them if they are unable to attend or take part in the competition and may at any time disqualify them from the Competition at their sole discretion.
- Brian Cunningham Management reserves the right to disqualify any contestant(s) at any time.
- Brian Cunningham Management reserves the right to amend the rules based on the competition and/or circumstances.
- The contestant acknowledges that Brian Cunningham Management reserve the right to amend the rules (including without limitation verbally) or terminate the competition; disqualify the contestant at any time without liability to the contestant.
- Brian Cunningham Management reserves the right: (1) to combine events (2) cancel any competition event that does not have adequate entries.
- Brian Cunningham Management reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if they are deemed to be acting outside the spirit of the competition. Brian Cunningham’s decisions shall be final.
- Brian Cunningham Management will endeavour to operate the Competition and apply the rules and conditions of the competition as devised by Brian Cunningham Management. However Brian Cunningham Management reserves the right to remove contestants from the Competition at their absolute discretion.
- Judges Decisions: The Judges’ decisions are final.
- Talking with or contacting Judges before, during or after the competitions is unethical and inappropriate and may result in disqualification
- Videoing of the competition events is not allowed.
- The contestant must report to all interviews, when requested.
- In the event a contestant performs any music and/or lyrics which are composed and/or written by themselves, they guarantee that such Compositions are wholly original.
- The contestant agrees to observe all procedures and rules and obey all instructions given by a member of the CBOI and/or any location staff in connection with the competition and the management of the locations and the fire safety and security arrangements in those locations.
- Competition winners acknowledge and agree to make themselves available for appearances and promotions connected to this competition and Brian Cunningham Management events. These will be at such times and in such locations as Brian Cunningham Management may reasonably require in respect of the competition including without limitation showcases and the Grand Final for the following year, interviews, publicity, press calls, photographs, recordings and/or other contributions.
- The contestant freely enters this Agreement and hereby agrees to indemnify Brian Cunningham Management in respect of any and all actions, proceedings, claims, damages and other liabilities which may be brought against or incurred by Brian Cunningham Management as a result of the breach of any guaranties, representations, obligations or undertakings by the contestant.
- Contestants under 18 years of age must inform their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of their entry into the competition. A parent must be present at all events if entrant/s are under 18 years of age. By submitting this electronic form the competitor and a parent/ legal guardian have accepted and agreed to all terms and conditions.
- Brian Cunningham Management reserves the right to require at any time proof of identity and/or eligibility.
- All personal details and/or information given by contestants must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. Contestants must Brian Cunningham Management immediately if any such information becomes inaccurate.
- Brian Cunningham Management reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if they supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the rules and/or are in breach of the terms hereof.
- The Contestant and Parent/legal Guardian of contestants under 18 years of age agree to submit a non-enhanced video/YouTube clip; a non-refundable Registration Fee of €20; the Application Form and Agreement which includes liability waiver.